Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Clouderaa Manager Install Error Cannot have empty version string segment

Explorer

OK, so I"ve nearly completed a CDH5.3.2 Cloudera Manager Installation and when navigating to the next to last installation screen, get a lightbox error message "Cannot have empty version string segment" with only a close button...  

So click the Close button and can't seem to move forward and I'm not interested in uninstalling...

so what can I do to fix this in the background??  Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

mit Freundlichen Grüßen (with Friendly Greetings),

Jan

Jan Peters

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi Darren,

Thank you for getting back to me; seems I managed to work around this issue and get the cluster going so I'm good for now on this.

mit Freundlichen Grüßen (with Friendly Greetings),

Jan

Jan Peters

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Explorer
Cloudera Express 5.4.1

Expert Contributor

I am also getting exactly same error . Plase advise how to fix it ? or we can ignore ?

error is : cannot have empty version string segment at end of installation 

Regards,

Ripunjay Godhani

New Contributor

Hello. Some progress?
I'm having the same problem. Uninstall and re-installed but now I see the installer cloudera manager.
Re-installed linux and I still happening the same.
Did you find anything?
Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi guys,

I ha ve the same error and this is what I am getting in the log file

2016-10-13 11:33:37,855 ERROR 1887093390@scm-web-53:com.cloudera.server.web.common.JsonResponse: JsonResponse created with throwable:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot have empty version string segment
        at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:92)
        at com.cloudera.cmf.version.VersionString$1.apply(VersionString.java:30)
        at com.cloudera.cmf.version.VersionString$1.apply(VersionString.java:27)
        at com.google.common.collect.Lists$TransformingRandomAccessList.get(Lists.java:575)
        at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:358)
        at java.util.AbstractCollection.toArray(AbstractCollection.java:141)
        at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.copyFromCollection(ImmutableList.java:314)
        at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.copyOf(ImmutableList.java:253)
        at com.cloudera.cmf.version.VersionString.<init>(VersionString.java:83)
        at com.cloudera.cmf.version.VersionString.of(VersionString.java:61)
        at com.cloudera.cmf.version.Release.parse(Release.java:184)
        at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.ExpressWizardHostsController.createClusterWhenNecessary(ExpressWizardHostsController.java:355)
        at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.ExpressWizardHostsController$$FastClassByCGLIB$$545e37e1.invoke(<generated>)
        at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:191)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:688)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        at org.springframework.security.access.intercept.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:61)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:621)
        at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.ExpressWizardHostsController$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$7134e62a.createClusterWhenNecessary(<generated>)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:176)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:436)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:424)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:669)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:585)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1221)
        at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:78)
        at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:131)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
        at com.jamonapi.http.JAMonServletFilter.doFilter(JAMonServletFilter.java:48)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
        at com.cloudera.enterprise.JavaMelodyFacade$MonitoringFilter.doFilter(JavaMelodyFacade.java:109)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
        at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
        at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
        at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
        at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.rememberme.RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.java:146)
        at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
        at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)
        at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
        at org.springframework.security.web.session.ConcurrentSessionFilter.doFilter(ConcurrentSessionFilter.java:125)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:767)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.StatisticsHandler.handle(StatisticsHandler.java:53)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:945)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
        at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
        at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

Super Collaborator

I found a jira that was entered for CM5.7.0 release.  This was the reason given for the error for that installation:

We have a mismatch between null and undefined.

One of the steps detected having multiple versions of CDH and returned null.

Later on we only check against undefined.

This problem has been fixed in CM5.7.0.  If you can upgrade CM to 5.7.0 you should not see it.

A note also said that logging out of CM and back in seemed to fix the problem, that could be how the other older entries got fixed last year.

Tina

New Contributor

Hi My issue was solved by updating the SUSE 11SP4. Installed the updates as the os was in initial state.Erro rwas gone after that.

Contributor

I am also getting this same error when installing 5.3.4 packages. 

It says this has been solved but I see no solution.

Thanks! 

Explorer

I too experienced this same error. Identical dialogs to the ones the OP posted. Was attempting to install 5.3.4 on CentOS 6.7.

Explorer

Just wanted to add that I was able to work around the issue by uinstalling CM and re-installing it:

$ /usr/share/cmf/uninstall-cloudera-manager.sh