Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Configuring Nifi

Contributor

Is there something about configuring Nifi that needs to be done when setting up?

I ask because I've worked on a few different systems and the one I just set up seems to be having issues with Regex, prepend, and other items. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@ForrestGump No,  out of the box NiFi should work with all Processors and Controller Services.  The stock configuration of NiFi should work without any issues.  You should not see any inconsistencies or stability issues unless you are exceeding resources available on the NiFi node(s).     If you are seeing specific issues with "Regex, prepend, and other items" they each should give a very specific error.  Sometimes the errors are not shown in the UI.  You have to tail the nifi app logs in order to see full error informations.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

What version of NiFi? Is it the Apache standalone or the HDF version?

Also, are you saying you have other nifi nodes that work but the new one doesn't?

What does the ui say? Is there errors in nifi-app.log?

Super Guru

@ForrestGump No,  out of the box NiFi should work with all Processors and Controller Services.  The stock configuration of NiFi should work without any issues.  You should not see any inconsistencies or stability issues unless you are exceeding resources available on the NiFi node(s).     If you are seeing specific issues with "Regex, prepend, and other items" they each should give a very specific error.  Sometimes the errors are not shown in the UI.  You have to tail the nifi app logs in order to see full error informations.