Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Creating a NiFi processor nar includes all available versions of a dependency

I'm building a custom processor (using the nifi-nar-maven-plugin plugin for assembling) and today, after updating a few dependencies, I noticed the produced nar file was almost twice of its original size. I extracted the nar file only to find that multiple versions of dependencies were packaged, rather than just the updated ones specified in the pom file.

Is this a known issue? Any solution?

47421-2018-01-02-13-31-48.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Turns out it was due to not calling maven's "clean" before re-packaging. It had magically disappeared from my sbt tasks during some update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Turns out it was due to not calling maven's "clean" before re-packaging. It had magically disappeared from my sbt tasks during some update.

New Contributor

Can anyone tell me how can we add the version numbers to our custom processors. I am trying to pass the version in my pom, like below

<version>2.0.0-snapshot</version>
<packaging>pom</packaging>
<artifactId>project-artifactID</artifactId>

<parent>
<groupId>groupName</groupId>
<artifactId>parent-project-name</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
</parent>

Basically, I'm expecting my custom processor should pick the version 2.0.0-snapshot while building but that's not happening. Can anyone point me out to the problem?

Master Guru

I just iterated mine. https://github.com/tspannhw/nifi-tensorflow-processor

make sure you update all the poms, one in each subdirectory.

also then

mvn clean

mvn package

make this 2 as well <version>1.0.0</version>

New Contributor

I want to create three custom nifi processors say B,C,D where the common functionality is extracted to an abstract class say A which extends nifi's abstract processor and B,C,D all child of A. What is the recommended way of doing that?