Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Custom Controller Service could not be instantiated

Solved Go to solution

Custom Controller Service could not be instantiated

New Contributor

Hello,

I am developing a custom controller service to interact with Apache Phoenix. After building the NAR files I faced an InstantiationException when deploying the NARs and restarting NiFi.

Could anyone with experience developing custom processors and especially custom controller services take a look at the below error output and help point me in the right direction? I have also attached the poms as well as the bundled dependencies

Thanks in advance!!!

Here is the error output:

ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to launch NiFi due to java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.apache.nifi.controller.ControllerService: Provider org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixDBCPService could not be instantiatedjava.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.apache.nifi.controller.ControllerService: Provider org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixDBCPService could not be instantiated at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:232) at java.util.ServiceLoader.access$100(ServiceLoader.java:185) at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(ServiceLoader.java:384) at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:404) at java.util.ServiceLoader$1.next(ServiceLoader.java:480) at org.apache.nifi.nar.ExtensionManager.loadExtensions(ExtensionManager.java:142) at org.apache.nifi.nar.ExtensionManager.discoverExtensions(ExtensionManager.java:117) at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:771) at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:160) at

org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:268)Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixDBCPService at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:427) at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(ServiceLoader.java:380) ... 7 common frames omitted

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixDBCPService.<init>() at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3082) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:412) ... 8 common frames omitted

bundled-dependencies-phoenix-service.txt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Custom Controller Service could not be instantiated

New Contributor

All,

I've resolved the issue - in the file "src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.nifi.controller.ControllerService" I previously had it as "org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixDBCPService" and after changing it to "org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixConnectionPool" NiFi was able to startup and I was able to use/access my custom processors.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Custom Controller Service could not be instantiated

New Contributor

All,

I've resolved the issue - in the file "src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.nifi.controller.ControllerService" I previously had it as "org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixDBCPService" and after changing it to "org.apache.nifi.phoenix.service.PhoenixConnectionPool" NiFi was able to startup and I was able to use/access my custom processors.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here