Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

DistributedMapCache Address in Use Error

Working on a wait-notify setup, but it is running into issues. It is constantly being populated with an "Address already in use" error although there is just the one set of DistributedMapCacheServer and DistributedMapCacheClient controller services. This oddly doesn't immediately cause an issue when these are first created and the wait-notify actually works fine, but on any subsequent runs with the same input file (same Release Signal Identifier) the files do not wait at all and move through immediately. 

TRSS_Cloudera_0-1653490490042.png

TRSS_Cloudera_1-1653490622691.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@TRSS_Cloudera 
When you "Enable" the DistributedMapCacheServer Controller service with UUID 5aaa327b-9ebb-1d5a-71ad-a349b8578a25, it is failing to enable because the port configured in that controller service is already being used by some other process on the server.

MattWho_0-1653496175074.png

Do you have multiple DistributedMapCache controller service configured on your NiFi (perhaps they are both enabled and first is already using that port?

MattWho_1-1653496568512.png

Did you check at OS level what process is listening on that port?

My guess here is that you have multiple DistributedMapCacheServer controller services setup configured to use same port.  Thus the error on one of them about being unable to bind to the port because it is already in use.

I don't think above has anything to do with issue with your wait/notify flow since you say it works (at least with first FlowFile) as expected.

As far as the behavior of your Wait/Notify dataflow, it is hard for me to make suggestions on what you are observing with out my detail on your dataflow configuration and use case.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@TRSS_Cloudera 
When you "Enable" the DistributedMapCacheServer Controller service with UUID 5aaa327b-9ebb-1d5a-71ad-a349b8578a25, it is failing to enable because the port configured in that controller service is already being used by some other process on the server.

MattWho_0-1653496175074.png

Do you have multiple DistributedMapCache controller service configured on your NiFi (perhaps they are both enabled and first is already using that port?

MattWho_1-1653496568512.png

Did you check at OS level what process is listening on that port?

My guess here is that you have multiple DistributedMapCacheServer controller services setup configured to use same port.  Thus the error on one of them about being unable to bind to the port because it is already in use.

I don't think above has anything to do with issue with your wait/notify flow since you say it works (at least with first FlowFile) as expected.

As far as the behavior of your Wait/Notify dataflow, it is hard for me to make suggestions on what you are observing with out my detail on your dataflow configuration and use case.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

Community Manager

@TRSS_Cloudera Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks!

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: