Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to delete from NiFi DistributedMapCache

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

How to delete from NiFi DistributedMapCache

New Contributor

I am using the PUT and FETCH processors to work with Cache in NiFi.. Things are working fine for Inserts and Updates to data. However, if a data row is deleted at the source.. How do i make NiFi Cache understand that this row no longer exists in the source and should be deleted from the Cache. I see a function "remove" in DistributedMapCacheClient.java .. How do i use the remove functionality?

Anyone having an idea please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to delete from NiFi DistributedMapCache

Currently the remove() functionality is used by particular processors such as DetectDuplicate, GetHBase, etc. and is not exposed via a RemoveDistributedMapCache processor or anything like that.

I have written an article that provides and describes a Groovy script I wrote to interact with the DistributedMapCacheServer from the command line, does that suit your needs?

2 REPLIES 2

Currently the remove() functionality is used by particular processors such as DetectDuplicate, GetHBase, etc. and is not exposed via a RemoveDistributedMapCache processor or anything like that.

I have written an article that provides and describes a Groovy script I wrote to interact with the DistributedMapCacheServer from the command line, does that suit your needs?

New Contributor

with your script, i wont even need to use Put and Fetch processors.. Just call ExecuteScript and let it add / update / delete from the CacheServer.. Thank you very much for your quick reply :D

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here