Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to delete from NiFi DistributedMapCache

Rising Star

I am using the PUT and FETCH processors to work with Cache in NiFi.. Things are working fine for Inserts and Updates to data. However, if a data row is deleted at the source.. How do i make NiFi Cache understand that this row no longer exists in the source and should be deleted from the Cache. I see a function "remove" in DistributedMapCacheClient.java .. How do i use the remove functionality?

Anyone having an idea please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Currently the remove() functionality is used by particular processors such as DetectDuplicate, GetHBase, etc. and is not exposed via a RemoveDistributedMapCache processor or anything like that.

I have written an article that provides and describes a Groovy script I wrote to interact with the DistributedMapCacheServer from the command line, does that suit your needs?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

Currently the remove() functionality is used by particular processors such as DetectDuplicate, GetHBase, etc. and is not exposed via a RemoveDistributedMapCache processor or anything like that.

I have written an article that provides and describes a Groovy script I wrote to interact with the DistributedMapCacheServer from the command line, does that suit your needs?

Rising Star

with your script, i wont even need to use Put and Fetch processors.. Just call ExecuteScript and let it add / update / delete from the CacheServer.. Thank you very much for your quick reply 😄