Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Does Zeppelin have a Solr interpreter?

Master Guru

Does Zeppelin have a Solr interpreter? i am looking for alternative querying/visualization tools outside of banana for solr which may be supported by HWX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Sunile Manjee

There's no Zeppelin interpreter for Solr. List of available interpreters is here.

You can make Solr a Spark RDD and hence access Solr Data with Spark interpreter in Zeppelin.

Another approach (that I didn't test) is to use Solr JDBC connection and Zeppelin JDBC interpreter. A Jira Ticket make me think that some problem may be encountered.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

The answer is yes, Check out this Meetup with NYC Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup http://meetu.ps/e/zZYFD/F9Zs/d

Hi @Sunile Manjee

There's no Zeppelin interpreter for Solr. List of available interpreters is here.

You can make Solr a Spark RDD and hence access Solr Data with Spark interpreter in Zeppelin.

Another approach (that I didn't test) is to use Solr JDBC connection and Zeppelin JDBC interpreter. A Jira Ticket make me think that some problem may be encountered.

Master Guru

@Abdelkrim Hadjidj that is interesting. I found more info on solr jdbc connection here.

Rising Star

@Abdelkrim Hadjidj & @Sunile Manjee - I posted more about the Apache Solr and Apache Zeppelin (incubating) integration here:

There is a whole series about the Solr 6.0 JDBC driver.

@Kevin Risden thanks for these links, that's interesting