Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Does zeppelin support multiple hive queries in one paragraph ?

Contributor

Hi All,

I just wonder if zeppelin is able to run multiple hive queries in just one paragraph ?

If yes , how to do ?

if no, how to understand the below description in https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.6.2/interpreter/hive.html

"You can also run multiple queries up to 10 by default. Changing these settings is not implemented yet."

Any response is welcome, thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

This means you can run at most 10 queries parallelly in each paragraph rather than in the same paragraph. This is because the interpreter process can at most allocate 10 threads for query execution.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Super Collaborator

This means you can run at most 10 queries parallelly in each paragraph rather than in the same paragraph. This is because the interpreter process can at most allocate 10 threads for query execution.

Super Collaborator

@jzhang @Binu Mathew @Artem Ervits Sorry guys, but I've lost. Is it possible to run multiquery in the same paragraph? This post results it should work.

Super Collaborator

@Edgar Daeds, from what I understand, not yet--you need to use multiple paragraphs. @jzhang, to confirm: did you mean (for now, in HDP 2.5.x) that they can run 10 queries in parallel, in 10 separate paragraphs?

Super Collaborator

In HDP 2.5 Zeppelin JDBC interpreter can run 1 query in a paragraph. There is a limit of 10 queries that can be run simultaneously overall.

Explorer

Hi,

On the same topic. Zeppelin allow me to run multiple single line queries in one paragraphs.

The issue appears if I have multi-line query. It does not allow me to set semicolon at the end of such queries, instead it's expecting for EOF.

Any views on it

Rising Star

Explorer

Please add below property to hive interpreter and it will run multiple queries.

default.splitQueries = true

hive.splitQueries = true

Regards,

Harpreet