Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

(ERROR) apache.rat:apache-rat/plugin:too many unapproved licenses

Rising Star

Hey there,

I was installing Apache-Atlas framework on Ubuntu 14.04. after git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-atlas.git atlas i was trying to export and install Maven through export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1536m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m" && mvn clean install but it was giving following errors:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.7:check (rat-check) on project apache-atlas: Too many unapproved licenses: 1 -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

i also tried some skip options like:

-DskipTests

-DskipTests -Drat.skip=true

mvn clean validate -Pcheck-licenses

but error was the same.

your kind and urgent help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

cheers,

Bilal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bilal Arshad

This is usually due to temporary files in the project directory. Try deleting the temporary files/directories using below commands..

• To remove directories, run git clean -f -d or git clean -fd
  • To remove ignored files, run git clean -f -X or git clean -fX
  • To remove ignored and non-ignored files, run git clean -f -x or git clean -fx

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Bilal Arshad

This is usually due to temporary files in the project directory. Try deleting the temporary files/directories using below commands..

• To remove directories, run git clean -f -d or git clean -fd
  • To remove ignored files, run git clean -f -X or git clean -fX
  • To remove ignored and non-ignored files, run git clean -f -x or git clean -fx

@Bilal Arshad Seems like tests are failing, can you provide the complete stack trace? or you can just skip integration tests using --DskipITs and try? thanks.

Rising Star

@Ayub Khan thank you for the help. Skipping integration tests did work! 🙂

Rising Star

Many thanks for your reply Ayub Khan.

I tried the commands mentioned above but got the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.19.1:verify (verify) on project atlas-webapp: There are test failures.

Kindly suggest other possible solutions.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind Regards

Bilal

@Bilal Arshad For better book-keeping, pls. accept the answer. thanks.

Expert Contributor

@Bilal Arshad

Another way is to use the following cmdline param -Drat.numUnapprovedLicenses=100 (assuming that the workspace doesn't have more than 100 files that don't comply with ASF header check).

Can you please post the logs of the failures ?