Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error during application build during Metron TP1 install on Vagrant single-node deployment

Contributor

I am trying to install Metron on a Vagrant single-node. I received the following error message during the application build step (mvn apache-rat:check && cd metron-streaming && mvn clean integration-test && cd ..,). I am running Maven 3.3.9.

[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'apache-rat' in the current project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (/root/.m2/repository), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Performed installation on desktop rather than on VM and installation succeeded.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

On rerunning the build application step (mvn apache-rat:check && cd metron-streaming && mvn clean integration-test && cd ..) this morning, I received the following error message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project Metron-Common: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.metron:Metron-Common:jar:0.1BETA: Could not find artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.7 at specified path /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.77-0.b03.el6_7.x86_64/jre/../lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]

I reran the final command (mvn clean integration-test) with -e and received the following information:

"Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.7 at specified path /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.77-0.b03.el6_7.x86_64/jre/../lib/tools.jar"

I verified that my JAVA_HOME is set correctly:

[root@c6501 metron-streaming]# echo $JAVA_HOME

/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64

The prerequisites state that JAVA 1.8 should be installed. However, the error message seems to indicate that the build is looking for Java 1.7. Do I need to install Java 1.7 rather than Java 1.8?

Contributor

@jsirota Could you point me to someone who can help with this. I'm blocked on my installation until I get this resolved. Thanks!

Contributor

Performed installation on desktop rather than on VM and installation succeeded.