Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Error during application build during Metron TP1 install on Vagrant single-node deployment

Contributor

I am trying to install Metron on a Vagrant single-node. I received the following error message during the application build step (mvn apache-rat:check && cd metron-streaming && mvn clean integration-test && cd ..,). I am running Maven 3.3.9.

[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'apache-rat' in the current project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (/root/.m2/repository), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Performed installation on desktop rather than on VM and installation succeeded.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

On rerunning the build application step (mvn apache-rat:check && cd metron-streaming && mvn clean integration-test && cd ..) this morning, I received the following error message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project Metron-Common: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.metron:Metron-Common:jar:0.1BETA: Could not find artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.7 at specified path /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.77-0.b03.el6_7.x86_64/jre/../lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]

I reran the final command (mvn clean integration-test) with -e and received the following information:

"Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.7 at specified path /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.77-0.b03.el6_7.x86_64/jre/../lib/tools.jar"

I verified that my JAVA_HOME is set correctly:

[root@c6501 metron-streaming]# echo $JAVA_HOME

/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64

The prerequisites state that JAVA 1.8 should be installed. However, the error message seems to indicate that the build is looking for Java 1.7. Do I need to install Java 1.7 rather than Java 1.8?

Contributor

@jsirota Could you point me to someone who can help with this. I'm blocked on my installation until I get this resolved. Thanks!

Contributor

Performed installation on desktop rather than on VM and installation succeeded.