Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error when sending message to topic testTopic with key: null, value: 8 bytes with error: (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)

Hi Everyone,

I have a issue with Kafka here. On a cluster I have installed Zookeeper-client and Zookeeper server and are up and running. Along the same I have Kafka-server up and running and on Ambari it shows the health as good and fine.

But, while I do execute the producer command for kafka as below, I am getting the below error:

Kafka Producer Command:

bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list kafka.broker:6667 --topic testTopic

Error Message:

[2017-09-05 12:22:02,638] ERROR Error when sending message to topic testTopic with key: null, value: 8 bytes with error: (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 2 record(s) for testTopic-0: 1535 ms has passed since batch creation plus linger time
e
345[2017-09-05 12:22:05,439] ERROR Error when sending message to topic testTopic with key: null, value: 5 bytes with error: (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 1 record(s) for testTopic-0: 1536 ms has passed since batch creation plus linger time

Not getting the actual issue here. Any help will be appritiated.

Thanks,

Sravanthi

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

I am also facing the same issue

@Sravanthi Bellamkonda did you able to find any solution for this?

Explorer

I am also facing the same issue .Can someone please help