Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error while converting excel to csv

Explorer

Dears,   

I am trying to convert excel to csv using convert excel to csv processor in apache NIFI the size of my excel sheets are around 20000 kb to 45000  kb. I am getting the below error in Cloudera flow management 2.1.4.0 and my file is not corrupt as the same conversion was working in Apache NIFI 1.15.3

SowmyaP_2-1698990252485.png

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@SowmyaP 

You appear to be hitting the following Apache NiFi ConvertExcelToCSVProcessor issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-10792

The fix for above issue exists in the following releases:

1. Apache NiFi 1.21.0 or newer.
  2. CFM 2.1.5 SP1 release or newer (https://docs.cloudera.com/cfm/2.1.5/release-notes/topics/cfm-fixed-issues.html)
  3. CFM 2.1.6 or newer

Upgrading to a newer release should resolve your issue.

If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with your issue, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

Explorer

Thanks for the reply @MattWho 

Above mentioned issue appears only for few flows when data volume is as mentioned above. Rest of the flows in the same version(Cloudera flow management 2.1.4.0)  are successfully getting converted to CSV from excel.

Why it is happening only for few flows in Cloudera flow management 2.1.4.0.

And also I have never encountered this issue for any data volume in Apache NIFI 1.15.3

Master Mentor

@SowmyaP 
The issue is related to the size of source FlowFile content.  It is not related to the volume of FlowFiles being processed, but rather directly related to the individual FlowFile's contemt size.   So only when FlowFile Excel content is larger than 10 MB will you encounter https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-10792. This issue does not exist in Apache NiFi 1.15.3 and earlier. Apache NiFi versions between 1.16 and 1.20 are impacted by this issue. The above issue was addressed in Apache NiFi 1.21.0 and newer.

The processor was refactored in above Jira to resolve the 10 MB size restraint.

You'll need to upgrade to Apache NiFi 1.21 or newer to resolve this issue.

If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with your issue, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

Community Manager

@SowmyaP, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: