Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Exhausted available authentication methods

Solved Go to solution

Re: Exhausted available authentication methods

New Contributor

Help me out man ... I am stuck at this issue. Using Ubuntu over VM

Super Guru

If the solution did not work for you, we'll need more information before we can help.  What are you trying to do, what goes wrong (include specific log messages if possible) and what have you tried to do to fix the issue?

The " Exhausted available authentication methods" exception indicates that there is a misconfiguration on the host whereby the user specified cannot authenticate via SSH.

-Ben

Explorer

where you are getting the error? paste the screenshot please...

New Contributor

Resolved it with the above directions thanks !!!!

Highlighted

Explorer

glad to hear that.

New Contributor

I tried it with the method listed in this page. I was not able to complete installation. Please help. 

Community Manager

@Sruthi223 Since this is an older post, it may be benificial to start a new topic for your particular issue as the solution outlined here did not work for you. Make sure to provide all relevent information in the new post. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

Explorer
Hi, I am using CDH 5.4.3 vm to install cloudera manager. But while installing through web console(localhost:7180) I am facing the following error 2016-09-03 09:59:12,012 WARN NodeConfiguratorThread-5-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator: Could not authenticate to localhost net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthException: Exhausted available authentication methods at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:232) at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:208) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.connect(NodeConfigurator.java:341) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.configure(NodeConfigurator.java:889) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.run(NodeConfigurator.java:935) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) In my centos vm I do not have any file named 10-perfmgmt under /etc/sudoers.d. So I created one file and add the following lines root ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL %sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL userid ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:ALL Now my question is, what user id should I write here in order to avoid the error. I am using a vm player and logging as 'training' here. My superuser is 'root'. Why am I getting this error, what is the actual solution for it. Please help me onthis.

Explorer

Hi,

I am able to fix the "Exhausted available authentication methods method" issue the way you suggested. thanks for that. But now I am facing another issue while installing cloudera manager agent. Below is the error message:

Error: Package: cloudera-manager-agent-5.8.1-1.cm581.p0.7.el6.x86_64 (cloudera-manager)
Requires: portmap
Error: Package: cloudera-manager-agent-5.8.1-1.cm581.p0.7.el6.x86_64 (cloudera-manager)
Requires: mod_ssl
Requires: httpd

yum install is not soilving my problem since I dont have the repos for portmap, mod_ssl and httpd. Not sure how to install them direcltly from online since I am not getting the correct repo / mirror address.

Looking forward for your cooperation.

New Contributor

On Ubuntu,

Edit : 

/etc/sudoers

Add on the end of file:

userid ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:ALL

Instead of userid put your usernam with sudo privileges.