Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Exhausted available authentication methods

Contributor

Hi All,

While adding cluster through cloud manager(CDH 4) i got installation failed error. When i checked the logs i got this:-

2015-02-10 08:32:02,613  INFO [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:node.NodeConfiguratorProgress@512] vc2cmmkb035851n.fmr.com: Transitioning from CONNECT (PT0.105S) to AUTHENTICATE
2015-02-10 08:32:02,652  INFO [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:transport.TransportImpl@302] Setting active service to ssh-userauth
2015-02-10 08:32:02,652  INFO [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:userauth.UserAuthImpl@85] Trying `password` auth...
2015-02-10 08:32:02,652  INFO [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:method.AuthPassword@40] Requesting password for [AccountResource] root@vc2cmmkb035851n.fmr.com
2015-02-10 08:32:04,641 ERROR [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:concurrent.Promise@171] <<authenticated>> woke to: net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthException: password auth failed
2015-02-10 08:32:04,641  INFO [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:userauth.UserAuthImpl@96] `password` auth failed
2015-02-10 08:32:04,642  WARN [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:node.NodeConfigurator@303] Could not authenticate to vc2cmmkb035851n.fmr.com
net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthException: Exhausted available authentication methods
        at net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthImpl.authenticate(UserAuthImpl.java:114)
        at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:205)
        at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:190)
        at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.connect(NodeConfigurator.java:293)
        at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.configure(NodeConfigurator.java:759)
        at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.run(NodeConfigurator.java:805)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthException: keyboard-interactive auth not allowed by server
        at net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthImpl.authenticate(UserAuthImpl.java:81)
        ... 11 more
2015-02-10 08:32:04,642  INFO [NodeConfiguratorThread-15-0:node.NodeConfiguratorProgress@533] vc2cmmkb035851n.fmr.com: Setting AUTHENTICATE as failed and done state

Please help me . I have been googling since 4 days and i'm not able to resolve this issue yet.

Thanks,

Pankaj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@cjervis this issues have been killing me big time. After so much of investigation i found out that we have to edit the file "10-perfmgmt" under "/etc/sudoers.d"( I am using rhel 5) by adding the below lines:-

root  ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

%admin  ALL=(ALL) ALL

%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

userid   ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:ALL

Note - userid is the id through which you are logging to your linux box

id.JPG

You have to login as "another user" by giving your id and password and yes you are done. It won't fail again with the error "Exhausted available......" . I mean that's what happened with me.

Give a try..

Thanks!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

New Contributor

i have been facing same issue pankaj i tried your method but showing same problem if any have solution please ping me.

Explorer

Help me out man ... I am stuck at this issue. Using Ubuntu over VM

Master Guru

If the solution did not work for you, we'll need more information before we can help.  What are you trying to do, what goes wrong (include specific log messages if possible) and what have you tried to do to fix the issue?

The " Exhausted available authentication methods" exception indicates that there is a misconfiguration on the host whereby the user specified cannot authenticate via SSH.

-Ben

Contributor

where you are getting the error? paste the screenshot please...

Explorer

Resolved it with the above directions thanks !!!!

Contributor

glad to hear that.

New Contributor

I tried it with the method listed in this page. I was not able to complete installation. Please help. 

Community Manager

@Sruthi223 Since this is an older post, it may be benificial to start a new topic for your particular issue as the solution outlined here did not work for you. Make sure to provide all relevent information in the new post. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer
Hi, I am using CDH 5.4.3 vm to install cloudera manager. But while installing through web console(localhost:7180) I am facing the following error 2016-09-03 09:59:12,012 WARN NodeConfiguratorThread-5-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator: Could not authenticate to localhost net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthException: Exhausted available authentication methods at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:232) at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:208) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.connect(NodeConfigurator.java:341) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.configure(NodeConfigurator.java:889) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.run(NodeConfigurator.java:935) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) In my centos vm I do not have any file named 10-perfmgmt under /etc/sudoers.d. So I created one file and add the following lines root ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL %sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL userid ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:ALL Now my question is, what user id should I write here in order to avoid the error. I am using a vm player and logging as 'training' here. My superuser is 'root'. Why am I getting this error, what is the actual solution for it. Please help me onthis.

Explorer

Hi,

I am able to fix the "Exhausted available authentication methods method" issue the way you suggested. thanks for that. But now I am facing another issue while installing cloudera manager agent. Below is the error message:

Error: Package: cloudera-manager-agent-5.8.1-1.cm581.p0.7.el6.x86_64 (cloudera-manager)
Requires: portmap
Error: Package: cloudera-manager-agent-5.8.1-1.cm581.p0.7.el6.x86_64 (cloudera-manager)
Requires: mod_ssl
Requires: httpd

yum install is not soilving my problem since I dont have the repos for portmap, mod_ssl and httpd. Not sure how to install them direcltly from online since I am not getting the correct repo / mirror address.

Looking forward for your cooperation.