Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Exporting a phoenix table into a csvfile

Is there a way to export a phoenix table into a csv file using the phoenix pherf ulitly. If so can anyone provide the details. I couldnt get the proper documetnation for this. we are supposed to export around 26 million rows into csv file.

11 REPLIES 11

Phoenix pherf utility exports details like how much time the query took etc..not the data. There is no way to export data into csv from Phoenix. Can't you use Export utility provided by HBase.

Better to go with @Ankit Singhal suggestion of using pig/hive or spark to export.

hi @Rajeshbabu Chintaguntla, the export utility provided by hbase generates sequence files i guess. how to convert them into csv files.

I tried the pig export, but the datatypes are not mapped.

i used a query similar to this

A = load 'hbase://query/select * from TRANSACTION' using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseLoader('localhost');

Should i need to explicitly specify the schema and if so how to do that.

Yes Export generate sequence files. If you want to import back the exported data to other HBase table in different cluster then you can use it other wise it won't help.

Pig should map the data types properly. Can you try specifying the columns list than * and check. For eg:

A = load 'hbase://query/select col1,col2.. from TRANSACTION' using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseLoader('localhost');

@ARUN

Or else can you try something similar to type convertion.

A = load 'hbase://query/select col1,col2.. from TRANSACTION' using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseLoader('localhost') as (rowKey:chararray,col_a:int, col_b:double, col_c:chararray);

Super Guru

Depending on the size of the data you want to export, you can just run a normal query.

SELECT col1 || ',' || col2 || ',' || col3 from my_table;

Contributor

@ARUN did you get it, how to export a phoenix table into a csv file?

Contributor

@ARUN did you get it, how to export a phoenix table into a csv file?