Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Exporting processed groups in licensed version of NiFi

Explorer

Dears,

We are working on nifi flows. Creating Processor groups in Normal web version of NIFI.

But as per development , We need to move these developed processor groups to Licensed              version of NIFI for real Development.

But we do not have proper idea that how we get licensed version of nifi and how to export to all

development to that version?

Can you kindly suggest me an approach to achieve this

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

@ushasri,

What do you mean with licensed version of NiFi? In all my experience with NiFi I never heard of licensed version of NiFi, as this is an open source tool. Are you talking maybe about the Cloudera Version, which is somehow different as it is part of the Cloudera Ecosystem?

When it comes to the export, you select your entire canvas (or a process group / or a group of multiple processors), create a template out of it, go within NiFi's Menu - Templates and download the newly created template. Afterwards, you can import that template in your new NiFi Instance and start playing with it.

Explorer

Dears,

How to install cloudera version in our system.(laptop)

Can you kindly suggest me an approach to achieve this

Thank you

You do not install the Cloudera version on your laptop 🙂
You need the Cloudera DataFlow for Public Cloud (CDF-PC), meaning that we are talking here about a license and some services. As @steven-matison already provided you with the perfect answer for your question, he might also be in the position to further assist you with everything you need to know about the Cloudera Data Flow and their Public Cloud. Unfortunately I am still learning about what Cloudera offers and how, so I am not the best one to answer your question.
If you are going to use NiFi for some real data processing, I strongly recommend you to have a look to Cloudera Data Flow, as this will solve many issues and headaches 🙂

@ushasri You should check out NiFI Registry:

https://nifi.apache.org/registry.html

Using NiFi Registry you are able to version control flows during development.  Using same Nifi Registry you can now deploy these flows to other environment(s) such as your Cloudera licensed version (HDF,CDF,CFM).   

Additionally, XML templates are going away.  In modern versions of nifi, you should use the Create Flow Definition, and transfer these JSON definition files manually between environments and/or nifi developers.    

Other CI/CD DFLC (Data Flow Lifecycle) concepts for deploying flows across environments are using NIFI CLI API programmatically to do manual deployment operations.  We also often seen some level of integration between Github and NiFi Registry.