Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Facing issue in installation of HDP sandbox 2.6.1

Hi I have downloaded HDP 2.6.1 sandbox.installing it in vmware workstation .

But it got stuck and not moving ahead after "Started cleanup temp directories"

My system configuration is windows os i3 and 8GB RAM.

When I had started installing in vm ware it was giving Linux installation options.

I am new to this hortonworks tech .can anybody help me to resolve this issue?

35 REPLIES 35

Rising Star

HDP sandbox requires over 8GB RAM so you cannot run it on your system.

I recommend 16GB virtual machine.

But I have seen few comments regarding HDP installation and people have installed in in 8 gb RAM.

Master Mentor

@pooja shrivastava

Yes you can install the downloaded HDP 2.6.1 sandbox. What error are you encountering?

New Contributor

While starting Hortonworks sandbox it gets stuck on "extracting and loading the hortonworks sandbox..." And after some times it shows the message of critical error or sometimes it says "your system has ran into an error we'll restart it"

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I am not getting any error.From last 2 hours installation is not progressing.

hdp-issue.png

Master Mentor

@pooja shrivastava

Minimum 8GB RAM you should have on your 64 bit OS to run the Sandbox without any issue.

Please see the NOTE from our doc: https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/

Note: The Sandbox system requirements include that you have a 64 bit OS with at least 8 GB of RAM and enabled BIOS for virtualization. Find out about the newest features, known and resolved issues along with other updates on HDP 2.4 from the release notes. The Sandbox on Azure is under construction and will update to HDP2.5 soon.

@Jay SenSharma

Jay In my system I have total 8 GM RAM.Can you please guide me to install hortonworks it is taking a lot time to start installing it and in the middle it is getting stuck.

Master Mentor

@pooja shrivastava

As mentioned in my previous comment that in order to run HDP sandbox minimum 8 GB of RAM is needed to be allocated to the Sandbox Instance. (Where as you have total 8 GB of RAM on your machine). NOTE from our doc: https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/

- When we try to run the Sandbox with less than 8GB RAM then sometimes (due to other processes on the Windows machine might be consuming some of the RAM) the Sandbox services liek Network service / mount services are not initialized properly and causes a Hung scenario. So some times it might come up after a long time of reboot. and some times it might not even come up, Thats why the Minimum requirement for the HDP Sandbox to have at least 8GB RAM alloted to the Sandbox instance. Which means your Machine/Laptop should have around12-16 GB of RAM so that it can allocate 8GB RAM dedicatedly to the Sandbox.

Master Mentor

@pooja shrivastava

Looks a network issue can you send the screenshot of your network setup. See attached example

pooja.png