Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Fail to install Ranger KMS in HDP2.5 sandbox

Contributor

Hi, I am trying to install Ranger KMS in HDP 2.5 sandbox using following link.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.0/bk_Ranger_KMS_Admin_Guide/content/ch02s01.h...

Getting following error message in ambari-agent.log file.

AgentException: 'Script /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py does not exist'
WARNING 2017-02-13 11:48:03,902 FileCache.py:168 - Error occurred during cache update. Error tolerate setting is set to true, so ignoring this error and continuing with current cache. Error details: ('Can not invalidate cache directory {0}: {1}', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package', "[Errno 22] Invalid argument: '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts'")
ERROR 2017-02-13 11:48:03,903 CustomServiceOrchestrator.py:232 - Caught an exception while executing custom service command: <class 'ambari_agent.AgentException.AgentException'>: 'Script /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py does not exist'; 'Script /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py does not exist'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/CustomServiceOrchestrator.py", line 157, in runCommand
    script_path = self.resolve_script_path(base_dir, script)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/CustomServiceOrchestrator.py", line 305, in resolve_script_path
    raise AgentException(message)
AgentException: 'Script /var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py does not exist'
WARNING 2017-02-13 11:48:03,903 ActionQueue.py:554 - 'str' object has no attribute 'has_key'

Can anyone please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Prasanta Sahoo

what is the Ambari version are you using? If you have Ambari 2.4.x then can you check

1. "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py" folder/file exist? if that does not exist then your Ambari-server is not installed properly.

2. if that file/folder is present then check for "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common/services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/" at the Agent host. basically Ambari-server pushes this files/folders to Ambari-agents. so restart Agent once and then try to check.

Let me know your findings.

Let

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Prasanta Sahoo

what is the Ambari version are you using? If you have Ambari 2.4.x then can you check

1. "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py" folder/file exist? if that does not exist then your Ambari-server is not installed properly.

2. if that file/folder is present then check for "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common/services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/" at the Agent host. basically Ambari-server pushes this files/folders to Ambari-agents. so restart Agent once and then try to check.

Let me know your findings.

Let

Rising Star

@apappu

I am also facing the same error. I am trying to add Ranger-KMS service from Ambari and while deploying i am seeing the error as "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/RANGER_KMS/0.5.0.2.3/package/scripts/kms_server.py" does not exist.

I checked the above mentioned path and script at above path does not exist. I have downloaded HDP 2.5 Sandbox for Virtualbox and both ambari-server and ambari-agent is running on localhost and both are working fine. I think this script should come as part of HDP 2.5. It seems to be a issue in Sandbox image.

Ambari Version 2.4.0.

Could you please suggest the solution?

Thanks

@rahul gulati

This script/path comes with Ambari-server . if does not exist you can copy that path/files from other setup. these are static files and can be copied to/from every place.