Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed to install Oozie. "Failed to create Oozie database tables.

Contributor

CDH 5.7.1

Atempts to install Oozie with Cloudera Manager fails with the error in stderr log file:

Error: Could not connect to the database: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'oozie'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

• There is no password configured, but even with a pasword configured the process still fails.
  • Using the command line mysql client I can connect ( "mysql -u oozie oozie")
  • After connecting via the command line as the "oozie" user I can create and drop tables.
  • I've dropped the database and user and then recreated. No joy.

Steps I'm running.

1. Add a service
  2. Chose the host for the Oozie Server service
  3. Test (external mysql) database connetion is successful
  4. Review changes and start the installation.

Full disclosure: This is the second attempt to install this cluster (after removing packages, dropping databases, etc) so I'm thinking some configuration file was left behind (but it would still have been the same values). Datanode DNS issues caused me to reset the installation. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Well, not really a solution, but after trying various combinations I was able to install and start the Oozie process. It worked after I created a mysql user like this:

MariaDB [(none)]> grant all on oozie.* TO 'oozie'@'host.company.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'secretpassword';

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Well, not really a solution, but after trying various combinations I was able to install and start the Oozie process. It worked after I created a mysql user like this:

MariaDB [(none)]> grant all on oozie.* TO 'oozie'@'host.company.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'secretpassword';