Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Free Version of CDH -> 6.3.2

New Contributor

Hello boys!

Trying to get the free version of the CDH to be able to present a solution in the company, but I can't download it.

I'm copying and pasting link tamplate

https://igor.ufrn@gmail.com:MyPassword@archive.cloudera.com/cdh6/6.3.2-patch4071/ubuntu1804/apt/

And I get the answer:

"403 Forbidden (varnish) the provided credentials were incorrect"

What should I do?

Thank you very much for the support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @igorufrn 

The short answer is that there is no "free version of the CDH" available from Cloudera for download.  For the details, you can read the responses posted when a question similar to yours was previously asked and answered here:

Ho[w] to subscribe [to] CDH 6.3.2 express

The credentials required to access the private repository that all legacy versions of Cloudera's distribution are now available from are not generally the same ones to access Cloudera's website or the Cloudera community. In other words, the personal email address you use for logging into the Cloudera community isn't going to work as a userid for accessing the private repository archive.cloudera.com. Instead, people with a valid Cloudera subscription can generate repository credentials from a CDH license key, and there is a link included in the community thread I mentioned above to an announcement which in turn has links to extensive documentation on how to download and install certain earlier versions of CDH.

If you are genuinely looking to evaluate a current data platform for use within your company, you can currently do so without a preexisting Cloudera subscription by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @igorufrn 

The short answer is that there is no "free version of the CDH" available from Cloudera for download.  For the details, you can read the responses posted when a question similar to yours was previously asked and answered here:

Ho[w] to subscribe [to] CDH 6.3.2 express

The credentials required to access the private repository that all legacy versions of Cloudera's distribution are now available from are not generally the same ones to access Cloudera's website or the Cloudera community. In other words, the personal email address you use for logging into the Cloudera community isn't going to work as a userid for accessing the private repository archive.cloudera.com. Instead, people with a valid Cloudera subscription can generate repository credentials from a CDH license key, and there is a link included in the community thread I mentioned above to an announcement which in turn has links to extensive documentation on how to download and install certain earlier versions of CDH.

If you are genuinely looking to evaluate a current data platform for use within your company, you can currently do so without a preexisting Cloudera subscription by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.