Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting VirtualBox Error while importing Virtual Appliance

I downloaded the HDP 2.3.2 sandbox. Following that I am trying to import the Virual Appliance into the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager. I keep getting the following errors. The site says the sandbox file is supposed to be 8.5G but the downloaded file is only 2G. Can someone please help? Thanks a lot.

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\HDP_2.3.2_virtualbox.ova.
Could not create the imported medium 'C:\Users\xxxxxxx\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk'.
VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted 'C:\Windows\system32\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).
Result Code: 
VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: 
ApplianceWrap
Interface: 
IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A couple of things. 1. The file must have only partially downloaded. 2. You downloaded the vmdk for vmware. You'll need to select the download for VirtualBox. The file will have a .ova extension.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Do you have file compression turned on the C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\ directory? Double check disk space too.

I turned the file compression on and the download completed successfully. Thank you so much for the timely assistance @Scott Shaw.

@KC Kannangnatt Awesome! Glad its working. Happy Hadooping!

I have the same problem and I am sure of the file size , what you mean by turned the file compression on ?

Master Mentor
@Omar Isaid

Make sure that you use mozilla.

What is the difference , this dows not make sense the browser type anyway i am using file download manager ?

New Contributor

Try downloading and installing the virtualbox version 5.1.18. Updating 4.2 doesn't work.

And my .ova file was failing to get imported into 4.2 virtualbox with the above error. the same .ova file works fine in 5.1

New Contributor

@Omar Isaid

Dear do same tricks your issue is solved hopefully.

uninstall Oracle VM VirtualBox completely.

2) go to program files remove Oracle VM VirtualBox directory

3) go to C:/users/user name/ and find Virtual Box VMS folder and delete it.

now you can install VirtualBox without any Error while importing Virtual Appliance.

45763-capture.png