Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDF 3.0 - Issue with Adding a new NiFi Node(s) to an existing NiFi cluster via Ambari

Hello,

While trying to add nodes to my existing NiFi cluster with Ambari, I am getting below error in 3.0 version of HDF. It used to work fine in HDF-2.x version. The issue is related to flow differences, but error messages indicates its the issue with AmbariReportingTaskAmbariReport finger print. Ambari used to take care of this in HDF-2.x version.

Am I missing something here? Any additional steps which I should be doing in 3.0? I cross checked it with below article for HDF-2.0 by @Matt Clarke, except my cluster is unsecured no other differences:

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/80284/hdf-2x-adding-a-new-nifi-node-to-an-existing-secur....

Any pointers will be appreciated!

2017-07-19 12:39:03,469 ERROR [main] o.a.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService Failed to load flow from cluster due to: org.apache.nifi.controller.UninheritableFlowException: Failed to connect node to cluster because local flow is different than cluster flow. org.apache.nifi.controller.UninheritableFlowException: Failed to connect node to cluster because local flow is different than cluster flow. at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionResponse(StandardFlowService.java:936) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.load(StandardFlowService.java:515) at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:800) at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:160) at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:267) Caused by: org.apache.nifi.controller.UninheritableFlowException: Proposed configuration is not inheritable by the flow controller because of flow differences: Found difference in Flows: Local Fingerprint: 7c84501d-d10c-407c-b9f3-1d80e38fe36a3b80ba0f-a6c0-48db-b721-4dbc04cef28eorg.apache.nifi.reporting.ambari.AmbariReportingTaskAmbariReport Cluster Fingerprint: 7c84501d-d10c-407c-b9f3-1d80e38fe36a428574ae-015d-1000-0000-0000454185d7org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TailFileNO_VALUEorg.apache.n at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.sync(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:259) at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.synchronize(FlowController.java:1576) at org.apache.nifi.persistence.StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.load(StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.java:84) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromBytes(StandardFlowService.java:722) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionResponse(StandardFlowService.java:911) ... 4 common frames omitted

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jobin George

You will have to copy over the current flow.xml.gz from node1 to node4, then start NiFi on node4.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks @Matt Clarke