Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP_2.6.4_vmware_01_02_2018_1325: spark-submit error

New Contributor

I am using HDP_2.6.4_vmware_01_02_2018_1325, and following the steps at https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/spark-on-yarn-example/

When I execute the spark-submit command, I get the below error:

Retrying connect to server: sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com
/<masked IP>:8032. Already tried 40 time(s); retry policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithF
ixedSleep(maxRetries=50, sleepTime=1000 MILLISECONDS)          

I am using SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION=2 and my host is a Mac OS.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Saurav D

Do you see any error/Warning on your Yarn logs? As we see and looks like resource manager port ?

Retrying connect to server: sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com/<masked IP>:8032

Can we check if the port 8032 is opened and accessible?

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8032

In Sandbox environment sometimes when we keep running the unwanted services then it creates a lots of load on the VM hence some services might not work properly sometimes. So you might want to stop some unwanted services in your sandbox and then try again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Saurav D

Do you see any error/Warning on your Yarn logs? As we see and looks like resource manager port ?

Retrying connect to server: sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com/<masked IP>:8032

Can we check if the port 8032 is opened and accessible?

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8032

In Sandbox environment sometimes when we keep running the unwanted services then it creates a lots of load on the VM hence some services might not work properly sometimes. So you might want to stop some unwanted services in your sandbox and then try again.

Master Mentor

@Saurav D

Good to know that it resolved your issue. If it helped then please mark this HCC thread as answered by clicking on "Accept" link on the correct answer, That way it will help other HCC users to quickly find the answers.

New Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma, you were right: Yarn was not running. I manually started Yarn, and now the example is running fine.

Thanks very much!

Great article if you are in the search of the best browser for your pc with more safety and security then just click here to get mozilla firefox for windows Mac and IOS devices without any charge.