Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP3: Yarn ATSv2 json file

Contributor

On a perfectly running HDP3.1 cluster, one time the ATSv2 Timeline Reader stopped responding. Following some guide I've tried refreshing the service by cleaning the configs and restarting it by

yarn app -destroy ats-hbase

After this, restarting the service doesn't help, and starting the service by

yarn app -start ats-hbase

doesn't work, since the config json is missing:

ERROR client.ApiServiceClient: File does not exist:  <>/user/yarn-ats/.yarn/services/ats-hbase/ats-hbase.json

What is this .json and how do I get it running again? Where are some example templates of a working .json that I could use? I remember this file existing somewhere on a fresh install, but sadly reinstall of the cluster is not an option. Another thing, trying a fresh install on my laptop VM does not create such json file too -- I guess the reason is that the laptop is too small for enforcing hbase use?

Didn't find anything in the official documentation, so would be thankful for any advice!

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Javert Kirilov The config json of ats-hbase should be created on startup of ResourceManager. If it wasn't created, then check the logs of the ResourceManager for any errors related to ats-hbase while starting up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

@Javert Kirilov The config json of ats-hbase should be created on startup of ResourceManager. If it wasn't created, then check the logs of the ResourceManager for any errors related to ats-hbase while starting up.

Contributor

Thanks for clarifying. It was indeed recreated after a full restart.

Though, I'm noticing tons of errors, hope these are related to a slow start of all the services.