Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HIVE Transactions Configuration Failed

New Contributor

I was trying to enable transaction support for hive.

I modified the configurations as follows using Ambari:

hive.support.concurrency – truehive.enforce.bucketing – truehive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode – nonstricthive.txn.manager – org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManagerhive.compactor.initiator.on – truehive.compactor.worker.threads – 1

When I restart the hive service I get the following error

The stacktrace from hivemetastore.log

2016-05-11 12:38:50,770 ERROR [hdp-node1.localdomain-35]: compactor.Worker (Worker.java:run(181)) - Caught an exception in the main loop of compactor worker hdp-node1.localdomain-35, java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method com/mysql/jdbc/ResultSet.isClosed()Z is abstract
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.isClosed(ResultSet.java)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.txn.TxnHandler.close(TxnHandler.java:1024)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.txn.TxnHandler.close(TxnHandler.java:1036)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.txn.CompactionTxnHandler.findNextToCompact(CompactionTxnHandler.java:217)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.txn.compactor.Worker.run(Worker.java:81) 
2016-05-11 12:38:50,771 INFO  [Thread-5]: metastore.ObjectStore (ObjectStore.java:initialize(294)) - ObjectStore, initialize called 
2016-05-11 12:38:50,774 ERROR [hdp-node1.localdomain-36]: compactor.Worker (Worker.java:run(181)) - Caught an exception in the main loop of compactor worker hdp-node1.localdomain-36, java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method com/mysql/jdbc/ResultSet.isClosed()Z is abstract
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.isClosed(ResultSet.java)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.txn.TxnHandler.close(TxnHandler.java:1024)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.txn.TxnHandler.close(TxnHandler.java:1036)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.txn.CompactionTxnHandler.findNextToCompact(CompactionTxnHandler.java:217)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.txn.compactor.Worker.run(Worker.java:81)

Specifications:

Hive 1.2.1 HDP 2.4.0.0-169 Apache Ambari Version 2.2.1.0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
@Apurv Mehra

What is the mysql driver version that you are using and the JDK version that is being used. It could be that the mysql driver is not compatible with the JDK. Can you please use the latest version of the mysql-connector-java*.jar file and see if this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor
@Apurv Mehra

What is the mysql driver version that you are using and the JDK version that is being used. It could be that the mysql driver is not compatible with the JDK. Can you please use the latest version of the mysql-connector-java*.jar file and see if this helps

New Contributor

@mbalakrishnan I updated the mysql connector jars in the cluster and the error was resolved. Thanks for the help.