Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Has anyone tried using a Apache NiFi on Raspberry Pi?

Rising Star

Raspberry Pi is a very inexpensive system often hooked up to variety of sensors. It will be useful to use Raspberry Pi as the host for Apache NiFi to ingest and coordinate the data from sensors before transporting the stream to alerting system or persistent storage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

According to Joe W this was working. There are a few variants of RPI, so don't expect wonders, but it's absolutely possible for a scaled down instance with correct expectations.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

According to Joe W this was working. There are a few variants of RPI, so don't expect wonders, but it's absolutely possible for a scaled down instance with correct expectations.

Rising Star

I have a Beagle Board Black that I can try it on. Any use case ideas?

New Contributor

Rasbian (default Pi OS) ships with the 1.8 JDK, so it should work fine.

Rising Star

I've tried HDP on a Pi. Works pretty good. Will add Nifi to my list of things to POC...

Master Mentor

@Landon Robinson Do you have a doc or your own cheat sheet? If so then it would nice to have an article published here.

Rising Star

I have some notes but nothing formal cobbled together. Most stuff goes on hadoopsters.net when I learn about it. I'm hoping to publish some more on Falcon here very soon. The article feature makes it easy.

Share would be great. I have one built, just have to image the micro SD cards.

Have run on both BeagleBone Black and the latest Rapsberry PI (not zero). Works quite well but Pi is considerably faster. It is slow to start as we load a lot of classes in the beginning but on a Pi type system you can certainly remove extraneous Nars. I think you can expect around 30MB/s of throughput and about 10K events/s with full features activated.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Landon Robinson @jwitt i was trying to install ambari-agent on the pi3 but was having issues as the repo didnt support armv71. is there a way around this, thanks