Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hbase installation failed on HDP-2.3.0.0-2557

Explorer

Hi,

I am using HDP-2.3.0.0-2557 and Ambari-2.1.1.

I have completed my hadoop installation on ambari after that i had added hbase and other services but when i go start services of hbase i found hbase installed failed

i tried to reinstalled but it give error installtion fail with commond to run like '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'hbase_2_3_*'. i had run cmd but its gives error. you can

13382-h-error.png

see screenshot.

13374-hbase.png

but when i checked in admin in stack and version. there is hbase installed. see screenshot

13383-hbase-install.png

please someone help me to come out this issue.

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

Please use latest HDP 2.5.3 and Ambari 2.4.2 for new installs, HDP 2.3 is going to be deprecated soon.2.3.0 release repos were not stable and perhaps removed in favor of 2.3.6. Do yourself a favor and use latest stable release.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

Please use latest HDP 2.5.3 and Ambari 2.4.2 for new installs, HDP 2.3 is going to be deprecated soon.2.3.0 release repos were not stable and perhaps removed in favor of 2.3.6. Do yourself a favor and use latest stable release.

Explorer

Thank you.

Is there any way to upgrade HDP2.3.0 to HDP2.5.3 or Ambari 2.1.1 to 2.4.2 directly.or do we need to install it from beginning.

Master Mentor

You can upgrade Ambari to 2.4.2 and then follow the standard upgrade process to upgrade HDP from 2.3 to 2.5.3.