Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive Query does not run

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Hive Query does not run

When I want to run queries such count or insert , I always get

INFO : number of splits:1 INFO : Submitting tokens for job: job_1481788223653_0004 INFO : The url to track the job: http://ibm-biginsight.com:8088/proxy/application_1481788223653_0004/

INFO : Starting Job = job_1481788223653_0004, Tracking URL = http://ibm-biginsight.com:8088/proxy/application_1481788223653_0004/

INFO : Kill Command = /usr/iop/4.1.0.0/hadoop/bin/hadoop job -kill job.

when I check the hive log , it shows that "ERROR mr.ExecDriver (ExecDriver.java:execute(400)) - yarn"

I do not know what to do . I have been stuck around one month , I am unable to do any thing . but I can do queries like show databases or show tables.I have attache the logs .please help to resolve my problem in ambari and my hadoop version is 2.1

hiveserver2log-for-count-query.txthiveserver2-insert-query.txtyarn-log-for-count-query.txtyarn-log-for-insert.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hive Query does not run

Contributor

The Issue seems like node got blacklisted and its a 1 node cluster..

I would recommend to cleanup the files.

Identify the large size file in hdfs using hdfs dfs -ls -R / report.Delete it from /user/<username>(Ex;- hdfs,hive) /.Trash folder too*****

Clean up the /tmp space in hdfs layer.

Make sure all required services are running ..restart the same.

Now monitor the storage space on that node using command "df -h"

Verify a smoke test and then execute your application job.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Guru

From looking at your YARN log, it looks like the local directory for the YARN data are full. See this post for cleaning this up:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/35751/manage-yarn-local-log-dirs-space.html

2016-12-15 15:50:10,986 WARN  nodemanager.DirectoryCollection (DirectoryCollection.java:checkDirs(248)) - Directory /hadoop/yarn/local error, used space above threshold of 90.0%, removing from list of valid directories
2016-12-15 15:50:10,987 WARN  nodemanager.DirectoryCollection (DirectoryCollection.java:checkDirs(248)) - Directory /hadoop/yarn/log error, used space above threshold of 90.0%, removing from list of valid directories
2016-12-15 15:50:10,989 ERROR nodemanager.LocalDirsHandlerService (LocalDirsHandlerService.java:updateDirsAfterTest(356)) - Most of the disks failed. 1/1 local-dirs are bad: /hadoop/yarn/local; 1/1 log-dirs are bad: /hadoop/yarn/log
Highlighted

I went to /hadoop/yarn/log and deleted all and restarted yarn , ut i got same error , do you have another solution ?

Highlighted

I went to /hadoop/yarn/log and deleted all and restarted yarn , ut i got same error , do you have another solution ?hiveserver2.txtyarn-yarn-nodemanager-ibm-biginsight.txtyarn-yarn-timelineserver-ibm-biginsight-2.txt

Contributor

The Issue seems like node got blacklisted and its a 1 node cluster..

I would recommend to cleanup the files.

Identify the large size file in hdfs using hdfs dfs -ls -R / report.Delete it from /user/<username>(Ex;- hdfs,hive) /.Trash folder too*****

Clean up the /tmp space in hdfs layer.

Make sure all required services are running ..restart the same.

Now monitor the storage space on that node using command "df -h"

Verify a smoke test and then execute your application job.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

ok, let me try , i will tell the result, thanks

Highlighted

thanks you , after I deleted log files , my usage space reduced from 98% to 74 % . then I could insert , but could you tell me how can I delete other unused files in ambari or how can I find the path then I can delete the manually?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here