Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Hive connection failed while connecting using jdbc url

Rising Star

I am getting the below error while connecting to hive using jdbc url

Caused by: com.cloudera.hiveserver2.support.exceptions.GeneralException: [Cloudera][HiveJDBCDriver](500171) Error occurred Connecting to ZooKeeper: At: <my_host>:2181/hiveserver2
With Error Message: KeeperErrorCode = AuthFailed for /hiveserver2.

JDBC URL:jdbc:hive2://zk=<my_host>:2181/hiveserver2,<my_host>:2181/hiveserver2;SSL=1;SSLTrustStore=/trustore_path/cm-auto-global_truststore.jks;SSLTrustStorePwd=My_pwd;AuthMech=1;KrbRealm=MYREAL.ORG.COM;KrbHostFQDN=_HOST;KrbServiceName=hive;LogPath=/tmp/log

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Was a Kerberos issue this is resolved

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Community Manager

@hadoopranger Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Hive experts @cravani @james_jones who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Collaborator

@hadoopranger 

1. Verify if the JDBC connection string is valid and correct.

2. Try to use the latest JDBC driver version that is available.

3. Check the HS2 servers that you are connecting are accepting the connections and in good health.

4. Check if beeline is working or not.

5. If all correct enable the JDBC driver trace level logging and get the more details on the error.

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/other/connectors/hive-jdbc/2-6-15/Cloudera-JDBC-Driver-for-A...

Regards,

Chethan YM

Community Manager

@hadoopranger Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.  Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Collaborator

@hadoopranger Make sure that [1] Hive namespace "hiveserver2" is correct, [2] You have a valid kerberos ticket in the client machine. 

Rising Star

Was a Kerberos issue this is resolved