Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive server 2 thrift error

Rising Star

I'm seeing this message repeated over and over in the log. It doesn't seem to be causing an issue so can this log entry be disabled?

2016-08-12 14:54:37,199 ERROR server.TThreadPoolServer (TThreadPoolServer.java:run(296)) - Error occurred during processing of message. java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransportException: No data or no sasl data in the stream at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:219) at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:268) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransportException: No data or no sasl data in the stream at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:328) at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.open(TSaslServerTransport.java:41) at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:216)

8 REPLIES 8

Super Guru
@Harini Yadav

Can you try the following. Basically disables UDP traffic to Kerberos.

in krb5.conf

udp_preference_limit = 1

in kdc.conf

kdc_tcp_ports = 750,88

Rising Star

@mqureshi Cluster is non -kerberised. Thanks

@Harini Yadav

Seems to be related to below Jira where issue is seen when"hive.server2.authentication" is set to NONE.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-12754

Workaround is to set "hive.server2.authentication" to "NOSASL" and try.

Rising Star

@Sindhu "hive.server2.authentication" is set to LDAP and hive.metastore.sasl.enabled=false . Though we see these error. Thanks

Explorer

@hyadav Did you find fix for this issue?

Contributor

check the hive-site.xml on the server. it seems that /etc/hive/conf/hive-site.xml doesn't always get updated with same values in /etc/hive/conf/conf.server/hive-site.xml

I also see such logs in my hiveserver2.log file, does anyway have solution on this issue?

I see below difference between hive-site.xml conf.server/hive-site.xml file (while file needs to replace with which file)?

#diff hive-site.xml conf.server/hive-site.xml
773a774,779
> <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
> <value>hive</value>
> <hidden>HIVE_CLIENT,WEBHCAT_SERVER,HCAT,CONFIG_DOWNLOAD</hidden>
> </property>
>
> <property>

Thanks.

New Contributor

I am facing the same error , I am trying to connect from the ODBC driver. Do you have any idea , how you resolve this issue.

i am getting the error in odbc as Failed to initialize security context: No authority could be contacted for authentication. and in hiveserver2 log.Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransportException: No data or no sasl data in the stream