Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hortonworks Certified Developer Exam Compatibility Issues

Explorer

Hi,

I ran compatibility test before scheduling the exam and it said a minimum requirement of 2 GHz frequency and a dual core processor. My system has dual core but the frequency is only about 1.8 GHz. How much of impact will this be?

Can we take up this test from prometric centre because of the restriction with my hardware?

Lastly, test can be conducted on windows or we'll have to take it up through LINUX platform only?

Please assist me on these.

Regards

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @Saurabh Singh

The only applications running on your local machine during the exam are Chrome and your camera. More important than the processor is your internet connection. You need a very good, consistent internet connection to take the exam. The OS does not matter - Windows is fine.

If you want to test out your system, I would highly recommend taking the practice exam. It uses a similar environment and the same VNC protocol of the real exam. You can not take the exam at a pro-metric testing center - the exam is only available online on your own computer.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

Hi @Saurabh Singh

The only applications running on your local machine during the exam are Chrome and your camera. More important than the processor is your internet connection. You need a very good, consistent internet connection to take the exam. The OS does not matter - Windows is fine.

If you want to test out your system, I would highly recommend taking the practice exam. It uses a similar environment and the same VNC protocol of the real exam. You can not take the exam at a pro-metric testing center - the exam is only available online on your own computer.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Rich

Guru
@Saurabh Singh

- can you accept the answer if it answers your question?

Explorer

How do we do it?