Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hortonworks sandbox 2.4 root password does not work

Solved Go to solution

Hortonworks sandbox 2.4 root password does not work

New Contributor

Trying to login from putty and when I use the root and password of hadoop it does not work. Running HDP 2.4 sandbox on Azure and when I used Putto to host:4200, and try to login in as root, the password "hadoop" does not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hortonworks sandbox 2.4 root password does not work

Rising Star

Hi @Donna Suddeth, for azure, the ssh password is set by you when configuring the offering in the azure market place. In addition, port 4200 is actually for the web browser based ssh. To use your own ssh client and connect to your azure offering, it should be the default port 22.

8 REPLIES 8

Super Guru

@Donna Suddeth it is the password you set during the launch of the vm.

Rising Star

Hi @Donna Suddeth, for azure, the ssh password is set by you when configuring the offering in the azure market place. In addition, port 4200 is actually for the web browser based ssh. To use your own ssh client and connect to your azure offering, it should be the default port 22.

New Contributor

Neither the root/password suggested in the screen, nor the User/password combination when the VM is created in Azure works with either PuTTY or the browser based shell. I have tried all combinations, even to the extent of creating a new VM. The port or access method is immaterial, it simply does not work.

New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem deploy a VM on Azure. The root password does not work for either "hadoop" or the password configured when the VM is created. I can logon to the SSH session in PuTTY using the user/password configured during the VM spin-up. This does NOT have the admin rights needed to run the tutorials. The Ambari user/password combination of "admin"/"admin" does not work either. I have tried the suggestions but nothing works.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks all - I am working well now.

@Donna Suddeth can you please accept best answer to close this thread. Thanks

Contributor
@Donna Suddeth

Kindly share how you solved this; I am having the same problem.

CC @Simon Enion

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here