Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How can I compile my coprocessor with cloudera hbase dependency?

New Contributor

I have compiled my coprocessor with raw hive 0.98, and it worked. I want to migrate it to cloudera platform, but I don't know how to do it.

I add my coprocessor(call it 'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.mycop') to hive configuration 'hbase.coprocessor.master.classes'(done with GUI), and then I need move coprocessor.jar to the '/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/jars/' and make a soft link in '/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hbase/lib/', am I right?

But I'm stuck in the "move coprocess.jar to the cloudera", I don't know how to compile my coprocessor with cloudera hbase dependency. I have read this link, and add dependency to the 'pom.xml', but there are lots of compile error about my code. I think there is some differences between cloudera and hbase, because I move origin coprocessor.jar to the cloudera directory, and it throw "org/apache/hadoop/hbase/Chore.class" not found exception.

So, anyway, I am really newbie to hbase and Java project, cloud you give some advices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

This solution is work for me. I compile my coprocessor with correct cloudera hbase version 0.98.6-cdh5.3.8 and it works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

New Contributor

Updated: I have found HBase 0.98 is equivalent to 0.98.6-cdh5.3.8, so I can compile with this version and copy it to cloudera 5.3.8?

New Contributor

This solution is work for me. I compile my coprocessor with correct cloudera hbase version 0.98.6-cdh5.3.8 and it works.