Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How can I write to remote HDFS using NiFi?( Assume NiFi and HDP running on separate nodes or HDFS in cloud)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@milind pandit If i understand your ? correct you simply want to write to a HDFS. The HDFS cluster is running on different nodes which is typical. Use the putHDFS processor (info here). In the hadoop configuration resources simply point to core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml. You can download these files from your target cluster. Now NiFi knows where the cluster is.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @milind pandit,

Yes you just need to have core-site and hdfs-site configuration files available on your NiFi nodes for your PutHDFS processor. And obviously that network connections are OK between NiFi and HDP.

Hope this helps.

Master Guru

@milind pandit If i understand your ? correct you simply want to write to a HDFS. The HDFS cluster is running on different nodes which is typical. Use the putHDFS processor (info here). In the hadoop configuration resources simply point to core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml. You can download these files from your target cluster. Now NiFi knows where the cluster is.

Master Guru

@milind pandit if you are running nodes in the cloud make sure the ports are accessible by both clusters. You will need to allow both clusters to talk with each other.

Thanks Sunile, the scenario is HDP in cloud and HDF on prem. Let me give a try.

Master Guru

@milind pandit that is straight forward. Simple download the two files from the cluster and place in your nifi cluster.