Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How can i see the Content of Flowfiles in queue using API

Contributor

Hi, I have a use case, where i have to see the content of each FlowFiles by triggering the API call.

API i have explored so far :

https://<URL>/nifi-api/flowfile-queues/<Queue-ID>/flowfiles/<FlowFile-UUID>/content

I got the response as below : 

"The id of the node in the cluster is required."

Note : My NiFi is setting up in three node cluster.

Please suggest.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@samrathal Per the docs you need to provide the ID:

Request
consumes:
*/*

Name Location Type Description

idpathstringThe connection id.
flowfile-uuidpathstringThe flowfile uuid.
clusterNodeIdquerystringThe id of the node where the content exists if clustered.

You should be getting that ID from the previous get call (Gets a FlowFile from a Connection) within the

response is an object: 

FlowFileEntity

Inside is the "clusterNodeId" corresponding to which node that flowfile exists on.

{ "flowFile": { "uri": "value", "uuid": "value", "filename": "value", "position": 0, "size": 0, "queuedDuration": 0, "lineageDuration": 0, "penaltyExpiresIn": 0, "clusterNodeId": "value", "clusterNodeAddress": "value", "attributes": { "name": "value" }, "contentClaimSection": "value", "contentClaimContainer": "value", "contentClaimIdentifier": "value", "contentClaimOffset": 0, "contentClaimFileSize": "value", "contentClaimFileSizeBytes": 0, "penalized": true } }

Those details are exposed in the nifi api doc, just be sure to click into the entity.

View solution in original post

Contributor

Hi Everyone, the API would be :

GET https://<URL>/nifi-api/flowfile-queues/<id>/flowfiles/<flowfile-uuid>/content?clusterNodeId=<clusterNodeId>

You'll get the content of the FlowFile in the queue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@samrathal Per the docs you need to provide the ID:

Request
consumes:
*/*

Name Location Type Description

idpathstringThe connection id.
flowfile-uuidpathstringThe flowfile uuid.
clusterNodeIdquerystringThe id of the node where the content exists if clustered.

You should be getting that ID from the previous get call (Gets a FlowFile from a Connection) within the

response is an object: 

FlowFileEntity

Inside is the "clusterNodeId" corresponding to which node that flowfile exists on.

{ "flowFile": { "uri": "value", "uuid": "value", "filename": "value", "position": 0, "size": 0, "queuedDuration": 0, "lineageDuration": 0, "penaltyExpiresIn": 0, "clusterNodeId": "value", "clusterNodeAddress": "value", "attributes": { "name": "value" }, "contentClaimSection": "value", "contentClaimContainer": "value", "contentClaimIdentifier": "value", "contentClaimOffset": 0, "contentClaimFileSize": "value", "contentClaimFileSizeBytes": 0, "penalized": true } }

Those details are exposed in the nifi api doc, just be sure to click into the entity.

Contributor

@steven-matison Yes, I have the clusterNodeId, but not understand where to fit in this API. 

Can you please share the dummy API

Contributor

Hi Everyone, the API would be :

GET https://<URL>/nifi-api/flowfile-queues/<id>/flowfiles/<flowfile-uuid>/content?clusterNodeId=<clusterNodeId>

You'll get the content of the FlowFile in the queue.