Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How do I setup internet access to all Web UI for all HDP3.1.0.0 Services installed via Cloudbreak 2.9.1 on Azure?

Explorer

Background: I have installed an HDP (v3.1.0.0-78) cluster with Ambari 2.7.0.0 on Azure via Cloudbreak 2.9.1 using the deployment template available on this Quickstart link - https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/Cloudbreak/Cloudbreak-2.9.1/quickstart-azure/content/cb_launc....

Question- How do I access zeppelin, Knox, spark history server UI, and other UIs over internet. I can access the Ambari Admin UI. Clicking on other UIs takes to the browser but times out. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Ani

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Master Mentor

@Ani73 

I didn't see you locking the firewall rule to your IP as suggested. and you should open * (all) ports namenode,ranger etc so the best option is a ranger of ports eg 80-9000 or just * all ports which is a better option f you lock it to your IP

myIP.PNG

myIP2.PNG

Please do that and revert 

View solution in original post

Explorer

Thanks adding my IP works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Ani73 

Azure controls access to different port through the firewall easily configured from the networking pane. You should locate the VM running Ambari Home --> Resource Group-->filter type and look for the Ambari VM  and under settings locate the networking it will open a network interface pane on the right where you set the inbound and outbound rules.

See attached screenshot
Cloudbreak.PNG

If you are not a network expert the best would be to lock the inbound port rules  with source *  and Destination * to your IP which you can get from the URL www.whatismyipaddress.com

Explorer

@Shelton 

Hi,

It didn't work, I opened port 8080 on the Ambari VM in Azure as instructed, with restarting services. Screenshots attached.

Thanks,

AniScreen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.04.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.17.45 AM.png

Master Mentor

@Ani73 

I didn't see you locking the firewall rule to your IP as suggested. and you should open * (all) ports namenode,ranger etc so the best option is a ranger of ports eg 80-9000 or just * all ports which is a better option f you lock it to your IP

myIP.PNG

myIP2.PNG

Please do that and revert 

Explorer

Thanks adding my IP works.