Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How do I suppress INFO and WARNING messages when reading and writing to HDFS

New Contributor

How to suppress below INFO and WARNING messages using log4j.properties

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ibm.connect.shadow.parquet.crypto.EncryptionPropertiesFactory).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

INFO org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CodecPool - Got brand-new compressor [.snappy]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Hi Arun

Seeing this Information warnings on client side, created log4j.properties file on client and added properties what you suggested and passed log4j.properties file using -Dlog4j.configuration to client application, this didn't help, still seeing messages.

Only way I could stop that message is by setting .level = SEVERE in IBM JDK logging.properties file. Wondering if there is another way I could stop this message without making changes to logging.properties file.

Thanks

Srinivasa

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hi Srmitta,

In my lab I cannot see any warn or info while doing hadoop commands. Please try the below setting in the hdfs-log4j :

hadoop.root.logger=INFO,WARN,console
hadoop.log.dir=.
hadoop.log.file=hadoop.log

Community Manager

@srmitta, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

New Contributor

Hi Arun

Seeing this Information warnings on client side, created log4j.properties file on client and added properties what you suggested and passed log4j.properties file using -Dlog4j.configuration to client application, this didn't help, still seeing messages.

Only way I could stop that message is by setting .level = SEVERE in IBM JDK logging.properties file. Wondering if there is another way I could stop this message without making changes to logging.properties file.

Thanks

Srinivasa

Expert Contributor

Hi Srinivasa, As this is a 3rd party application I am not really sure about it.  Glad that currently you have a property that help in achieving the goal.