Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How do you enable "tez_job.critical.path.analyzer.draw.svg" for SmartSense activity-anaylzer?

New Contributor

HDP - 2.5.0.55

SmartSense - 1.3.0.0-1

While reviewing our SmartSense reports I found that tez jobs were not appearing.

When I looked at the activity-analyzer.log I am found all of our tez jobs are generating an error indicating tez_job.critical.path.analyzer.draw.svg should be enabled. ( I have included a sample below. )

I could not find a spot in Ambari nor via extensive grepping to put the property.

Does anyone have experience with this?

thanks,

dale

18 Sep 2017 18:49:29,126 WARN [pool-15-thread-3] CriticalPathAnalyzer:91 - Output of this analyzer is an SVG image. tez_job.critical.path.analyzer.draw.svg is not enabled. Please enable it to get the SVG in /var/lib/smartsense/activity-analyzer/tez/tmp/svg/ 18 Sep 2017 18:49:29,142 ERROR [pool-15-thread-6] TezActivityProcessor:110 - java.lang.NullPointerException 18 Sep 2017 18:49:29,143 ERROR [pool-15-thread-6] ActivityManager:89 - Failed to process activity id dag_1504751117105_262793_5 of type TEZ_JOB com.hortonworks.smartsense.activity.ActivityException: Error parsing dag_1504751117105_262793_5 at com.hortonworks.smartsense.activity.job.tez.TezActivityProcessor.parseJob(TezActivityProcessor.java:111) at com.hortonworks.smartsense.activity.JobActivityProcessor.processActivity(JobActivityProcessor.java:88) at com.hortonworks.smartsense.activity.ActivityManager$1.call(ActivityManager.java:80) at com.hortonworks.smartsense.activity.ActivityManager$1.call(ActivityManager.java:73) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

After some trail and error I was able to get the property to appear in /etc/smartsense-activity/conf/activity.ini.

Add the property at Ambari --> SmartSense --> Configs --> Advanced --> Custom activity-conf --> tez_job.critical.path.analyzer.draw.svg = true

This seems to work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

After some trail and error I was able to get the property to appear in /etc/smartsense-activity/conf/activity.ini.

Add the property at Ambari --> SmartSense --> Configs --> Advanced --> Custom activity-conf --> tez_job.critical.path.analyzer.draw.svg = true

This seems to work.