Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to add a putelaticsearch5 processor in nifi on HDP 2.5?

Contributor

I using HDP 2.5 and I add a NIFI service in it, I need to send a data to Elasticsearch 5.X, when i add a processor in NIFI, the putelasticsearch5 processor is missing but it has only putelasticsearch(it supports only elasticsearc 2.X version).How can I add the Putelasticsearch5 processor in nifi.

42871-screenshot-from-2017-12-02-142620.png

42870-screenshot-from-2017-12-02-142638.png

42869-screenshot-from-2017-12-02-142659.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

What version of Hortonworks Data Flow NiFi are you using? As of Apache NiFi 1.1.0 (I'm not sure offhand which HDF NiFi release that corresponds to, possibly HDF 3.0), the Elasticsearch 5 processors are available.

Having said that, the ElasticsearchHttp processors (PutElasticsearchHttp in your screenshot above, e.g.) use the REST API rather than the Transport Client, so those processors are much more robust in the sense of which Elasticsearch versions they support. I believe the ElasticsearchHttp processors support at least 2.X through at least 5.0.1 (but I think they might work for all of 5.X). They are not quite as performant as the transport client versions (PutElasticsearch and PutElasticsearch5), but for your version of NiFi PutElasticsearchHttp should allow you to connect to your ES5 cluster.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

What version of Hortonworks Data Flow NiFi are you using? As of Apache NiFi 1.1.0 (I'm not sure offhand which HDF NiFi release that corresponds to, possibly HDF 3.0), the Elasticsearch 5 processors are available.

Having said that, the ElasticsearchHttp processors (PutElasticsearchHttp in your screenshot above, e.g.) use the REST API rather than the Transport Client, so those processors are much more robust in the sense of which Elasticsearch versions they support. I believe the ElasticsearchHttp processors support at least 2.X through at least 5.0.1 (but I think they might work for all of 5.X). They are not quite as performant as the transport client versions (PutElasticsearch and PutElasticsearch5), but for your version of NiFi PutElasticsearchHttp should allow you to connect to your ES5 cluster.

Contributor

thanks, it works for me and also install nifi 1.1.0 version, in that I have the PutElasticsearch5 processor.that also works well with transport client.