Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to collect queries submitted by other users' keytab in DAS on CDP7.1.7

New Contributor

Our CDP version is 7.1.7 and enabled kerberos, after we set up DAS service on it, we found that: queries only submitted by hive.keytab can be collected to DAS, queries submitted by other users' keytab such like hdfs.keytab/generic account keytab cannot be collected.

So, does DAS only support to collect queries submitted by hive.keytab?
If not, how can I config this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hi @felix_ ,

First, you may want to check out the troubleshooting tips for DAS. In particular, there is a reference to adding a user that wants to see all queries to the admin list under DAS configuration in Cloudera Manager. 

Second, do you have Hive impersonation enabled or disabled on this cluster? If you are using Ranger for authorization, then impersonation should be turned off

Finally, I would advice your users to begin switching to Hue as the query and analysis UI. That is where all future engineering effort from Cloudera will go. 

Hope this points you in the right direction. 

- Alex

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

@felix_ Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our CDP expert @aakulov  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Collaborator

Hi @felix_ ,

First, you may want to check out the troubleshooting tips for DAS. In particular, there is a reference to adding a user that wants to see all queries to the admin list under DAS configuration in Cloudera Manager. 

Second, do you have Hive impersonation enabled or disabled on this cluster? If you are using Ranger for authorization, then impersonation should be turned off

Finally, I would advice your users to begin switching to Hue as the query and analysis UI. That is where all future engineering effort from Cloudera will go. 

Hope this points you in the right direction. 

- Alex

Explorer

I find it very interesting and useful! Thank you and peace to all!