Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to comment a property in nifi.properties or bootstrap using cloudera manager?

Rising Star

Hi,

I was trying to use nifi.provenance.repository.implementation=org.apache.nifi.provenance.WriteAheadProvenanceRepository. To do so i have to comment java.arg.13=-XX:+UseG1GC to get rid of any performance issues as per 
https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/HDF-CFM-NIFI-Best-practices-for-setting-up-a-hi...

However i find it difficult on how to do it via Cloudera Manager. 

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@bsivalingam83 

The ability to "ignore" properties in various NiFi config files was added with the CFM 1.0.1 release.
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.21.13 PM.png

With older CFM versions (1.0.0) you can set a safety valve to overwrite the current set java.arg.13 value with something else:
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.24.30 PM.png

Above simply defines a key=value pair which would simply not be used by NiFi bootstrap.  End result, NiFi no longer using G1GC and instead using the default Garbage Collector for your version of Java being used.

Hope this helps,

Matt

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hello @bsivalingam83 

You may navigate to NiFi configuration and search for ignore.  To remove the “java.arg.13=-XX:+UseG1GC” you can add a property under the “bootstrap.conf ignored properties” section for “java.arg.13". Kindly let me know if this helps.

Br,

Tarun

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Rising Star

Hello @tjangid,

Thanks for your reply. When i search for "ignore" under NiFi Configurations i was not getting any results. I also i checked in advanced category and i could find only "NiFi Node Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for staging/bootstrap.conf.xml" not any ignored section. Please let me know if am missing anything here.

Thanks,

Bala

Super Mentor

@bsivalingam83 

The ability to "ignore" properties in various NiFi config files was added with the CFM 1.0.1 release.
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.21.13 PM.png

With older CFM versions (1.0.0) you can set a safety valve to overwrite the current set java.arg.13 value with something else:
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.24.30 PM.png

Above simply defines a key=value pair which would simply not be used by NiFi bootstrap.  End result, NiFi no longer using G1GC and instead using the default Garbage Collector for your version of Java being used.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Rising Star

Thanks @MattWho. Got it !!