Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to create file view in ambari?

Expert Contributor

Hi , I am using HDP 2.4 and ambari 2.2 want to create file view in ambari but when go to manage ambari-->views i could not see any "file" instance ..how can i create file view here..please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@rama

By default you should see the default file view instance. If not then check the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" file to see if your default File View instance got deployed or not? You should see some entries like following:

INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1656 - Reading view archive /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/files-2.4.1.0.22.jar.
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1747 - setting up logging for view FILES{1.0.0} as per property file view.log4j.properties
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1811 - Auto creating instance of view FILES for cluster ClusterDemo.
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1689 - View deployed: FILES{1.0.0}.

. If you do not see those entries there means the file view is not deployed ... so you need to find out if the view jar is present in ambari installation or not?

Please check the following directory if you have the file view jar present there or not? (Version might be different in your case)

# ls -l /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/files-2.2.2.xxx.jar 
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 42287295 Dec  2 11:50 /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/files-2.2.2.xxx.jar 

Also check if the user who is running Ambari Server has the read permission to this jar.

Once ambari deploys the views properly you should see directories created in the "work: folder as following:

]#  ls -l /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work/   | grep -i FILES
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root 4096 Dec  2 11:52 FILES{1.0.0}

You can try deleting the "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work" directory and then restart ambari server so that it will recreate the "work" directory and extract the views jars there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guru

Expert Contributor

Thanks for quick response@Ravi Mutyala

But here my concern i could not see any FILE View instance to expand,How to enable this?

1. Browse to the Ambari Administration interface.
  2. Click Views, expand the Files View, and click Create Instance.

Master Mentor

@rama

By default you should see the default file view instance. If not then check the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" file to see if your default File View instance got deployed or not? You should see some entries like following:

INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1656 - Reading view archive /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/files-2.4.1.0.22.jar.
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1747 - setting up logging for view FILES{1.0.0} as per property file view.log4j.properties
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1811 - Auto creating instance of view FILES for cluster ClusterDemo.
INFO [main] ViewRegistry:1689 - View deployed: FILES{1.0.0}.

. If you do not see those entries there means the file view is not deployed ... so you need to find out if the view jar is present in ambari installation or not?

Please check the following directory if you have the file view jar present there or not? (Version might be different in your case)

# ls -l /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/files-2.2.2.xxx.jar 
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 42287295 Dec  2 11:50 /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/files-2.2.2.xxx.jar 

Also check if the user who is running Ambari Server has the read permission to this jar.

Once ambari deploys the views properly you should see directories created in the "work: folder as following:

]#  ls -l /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work/   | grep -i FILES
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root 4096 Dec  2 11:52 FILES{1.0.0}

You can try deleting the "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work" directory and then restart ambari server so that it will recreate the "work" directory and extract the views jars there.

Expert Contributor

Thanks @Jay SenSharma

Yes i have not found files-2.2.2.xxx.jar

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 571873 Jul 12 2016 ambari-admin-2.2.1.12.4.jar

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 45379969 Jul 12 2016 capacity-scheduler-2.2.1.12.4.jar

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 98659271 Jul 12 2016 hive-2.2.1.12.4.jar

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 46912006 Jul 12 2016 pig-2.2.1.12.4.jar

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 52241298 Jul 12 2016 slider-2.2.1.12.4.jar

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 48027227 Jul 12 2016 tez-view-2.2.1.12.4.jar

drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Aug 5 2016 work

how could i add the jar file here?

Expert Contributor

Thank you so much@Jay SenSharma

what are step should i follow after restart the ambari? can you suggest any document which help me step by step?