Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to display more then 1000 rows in Hue using Spark SQL Livy Interpreter

New Contributor

Dear Friends

The concerned Cloudera Services are: 

Spark 3 , Livy for Spark 3, Hue

After I have added Spark SQL interpreter in Hue I am struggling  to get more than 1000 rows results once querying  the DB. Do you know what parameter should be used to change the default quantity. I Already tried to use :

spark.livy.sql.max-result

CM --> Livy for Spark3 --> Search for "Livy for Spark 3 Client Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for livy3-conf/livy-client.conf" and add the above parameter with value.

spark.livy.sql.max-result=2000

However after restarting the concerns services - nothing has changed.  Hereunder you can see what is all about:

Bartlomiej_1-1715776060457.png

I would like to change this limitation to e.g. 5000. But not sure on what mentioned services this should be adjusted on.

I really appreciate your help in this.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hi @Bartlomiej 

You can use livy.rsc.sql.num-rows parameter to adjust the number of rows wants to display.  

CM --> Livy for Spark3 --> Search for "Livy Server for Spark 3 Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for livy3-conf/livy.conf" and add the above parameter with value.

livy.rsc.sql.num-rows=5000

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.11.14 PM.png

I have created a test_3000 table by inserting 1 to 2999 records. While running the query from Hue Spark3 editor you can see the following output:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.21.52 PM.png 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

@Bartlomiej, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our Spark experts @RangaReddy @Babasaheb @ggangadharan who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Collaborator

Hi @Bartlomiej 

You can use livy.rsc.sql.num-rows parameter to adjust the number of rows wants to display.  

CM --> Livy for Spark3 --> Search for "Livy Server for Spark 3 Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for livy3-conf/livy.conf" and add the above parameter with value.

livy.rsc.sql.num-rows=5000

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.11.14 PM.png

I have created a test_3000 table by inserting 1 to 2999 records. While running the query from Hue Spark3 editor you can see the following output:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.21.52 PM.png 

New Contributor

Yes, this is it. 

Thank you so much for the prompt response.