Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to fetch single column from HBASE table

Rising Star

I have a table dept_tbl in HBase with 1 Column Family and 3 columns in it

cf1:dept_city, cf1:dept_name, cf1:dept_no

-------

I want to filter a column say dept_no and get the corresponding dept_name for it

Like: if dept_no=10, return dept_name=ACCOUNTING

-------

I applied filter as below:

scan 'dept_tbl',{FILTER => "MultipleColumnPrefixFilter('dept_name','dept_no') AND SingleColumnValueFilter('cf1','dept_no',=, 'binary:10')"}

-------

This returns me 2 columns: 'dept_name' and 'dept_no'

I need only 1 column 'dept_name' to be returned

-------

If I use MultipleColumnPrefixFilter('dept_name').. it gives me all rows as if it didnt check for filter of dept_no=10

I tried many combinations, I couldnt get it to return single column single row.

-------

Script to create the table:

create 'dept_tbl','cf1' put 'dept_tbl','R1','cf1:dept_no','10' put 'dept_tbl','R1','cf1:dept_name','ACCOUNTING' put 'dept_tbl','R1','cf1:dept_city','NEW YORK' put 'dept_tbl','R2','cf1:dept_no','20' put 'dept_tbl','R2','cf1:dept_name','RESEARCH' put 'dept_tbl','R2','cf1:dept_city','DALLAS' put 'dept_tbl','R3','cf1:dept_no','30' put 'dept_tbl','R3','cf1:dept_name','SALES' put 'dept_tbl','R3','cf1:dept_city','CHICAGO' put 'dept_tbl','R4','cf1:dept_no','40' put 'dept_tbl','R4','cf1:dept_name','OPERATIONS' put 'dept_tbl','R4','cf1:dept_city','BOSTON'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

@Anubhav Raikar

Use reverse order of the filters:

scan 'dept_tbl',{FILTER => "SingleColumnValueFilter('cf1','dept_no',=,'binary:10') AND MultipleColumnPrefixFilter('dept_name')"}

The order of the filter matters here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

@Anubhav Raikar

Use reverse order of the filters:

scan 'dept_tbl',{FILTER => "SingleColumnValueFilter('cf1','dept_no',=,'binary:10') AND MultipleColumnPrefixFilter('dept_name')"}

The order of the filter matters here.

Rising Star

whoaaa.. yes.. it works.. good to know the order matters.. thank you!