Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to kill a sqoop import .. command through unix shell ?

Contributor

I run a sqoop import command 

sqoop import --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:.... --username ....  --password ...
--query "SELECT $CHOOSE_COLUMN_NAMES FROM $OTABLE where $OWHERE and \$CONDITIONS"  ...

through unix shell. If the command takes a long time  how can i kill through shell ?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@Consult  I found the solution. The sqoop command creates a YARN process, type MAPREDUCE.

So if we only kill the processes through unix shell, this YARN process will continue to run at the background.

So from the cloudera manager, we go to YARN --> Applications and then we kill the YARN process.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

Hello @eMazarakis,

Logically, you just search for the process and then use KILL command to kill that process.

Hope that helps.

Contributor

@Consult  i thought the same think, but I had an incident yesterday. I killed the process but the morning I saw the table to be imported under the sqoop schema. I was wondering if there is another way to kill the command.

Contributor

@Consult  I found the solution. The sqoop command creates a YARN process, type MAPREDUCE.

So if we only kill the processes through unix shell, this YARN process will continue to run at the background.

So from the cloudera manager, we go to YARN --> Applications and then we kill the YARN process.