Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to resolve NiFi Web Access issue?

we installed nifi successfully through ambari by using below link

https://github.com/abajwa-hw/ambari-nifi-service

when we are using continuously for 10 minutes automatically the nifi server is down, we are unable to open in nifi web UI although it's showing healthy in ambari.

attached all the log files below, please let me know if i have to make any changes in that.nifi-app-2016-08-29-060.txtnifi-bootstrap.txtnifi-user.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru
@kishore sanchina

Looking at your logs, you are running out of PermGen space. you need to increase PermGen and likely your java heap also. How much memory do you have?

2016-08-29 06:58:42,186 ERROR [NiFi Web Server-96] org.apache.nifi.NiFi An Unknown Error Occurred in Thread Thread[NiFi Web Server-96,5,main]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

You need to increase the following in your conf/bootstrap.conf folder. I would double it for now to start with.

#java.arg.11=-XX:PermSize=128M

#java.arg.12=-XX:MaxPermSize=128M

And then possibly update following also.

# JVM memory settings

java.arg.2=-Xms1024m

java.arg.3=-Xmx1024m

It would be very difficult for me or anyone else to optimize these for your specific load. You need to figure out based on your load how much memory you need to assign to permgen as well as java heap. this may be trial and error.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Guru

@kishore sanchina

can you please share the output of your nifi-app.log file? It should be under logs folder in your nifi installation.

@mqureshi im attaching log files nifi-user.txtnifi-app-2016-08-29-060.txtnifi-bootstrap.txt

please explain how to resolve this issue?

@mqureshi i renamed the .log file to .txt file

Super Guru
@kishore sanchina

Looking at your logs, you are running out of PermGen space. you need to increase PermGen and likely your java heap also. How much memory do you have?

2016-08-29 06:58:42,186 ERROR [NiFi Web Server-96] org.apache.nifi.NiFi An Unknown Error Occurred in Thread Thread[NiFi Web Server-96,5,main]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

You need to increase the following in your conf/bootstrap.conf folder. I would double it for now to start with.

#java.arg.11=-XX:PermSize=128M

#java.arg.12=-XX:MaxPermSize=128M

And then possibly update following also.

# JVM memory settings

java.arg.2=-Xms1024m

java.arg.3=-Xmx1024m

It would be very difficult for me or anyone else to optimize these for your specific load. You need to figure out based on your load how much memory you need to assign to permgen as well as java heap. this may be trial and error.

thanks a lot @mqureshi