Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to resolve Unable to read HiveServer2 configs from ZooKeeper

Explorer

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientException: Unable to read HiveServer2 configs from ZooKeeper at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:134) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:107) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive20.internal.HiveConnectionWrapper$1.run(HiveConnectionWrapper.java:78) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive20.internal.HiveConnectionWrapper$1.run(HiveConnectionWrapper.java:75) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1869) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive20.internal.HiveConnectionWrapper.connect(HiveConnectionWrapper.java:75) ... 98 more Caused by: org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientException: Unable to read HiveServer2 configs from ZooKeeper at org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientHelper.configureConnParams(ZooKeeperHiveClientHelper.java:96) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.configureConnParams(Utils.java:514) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.parseURL(Utils.java:434) at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:132) ... 107 more Caused by: org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientException: Tried all existing HiveServer2 uris from ZooKeeper. at org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientHelper.configureConnParams(ZooKeeperHiveClientHelper.java:68) ... 110 more

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Hamilton Castro!
Could you check your ZK namespace under the hiveserver2 path?
Would be like this:

[root@node3 ~]# zookeeper-client 
Connecting to localhost:2181
WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 0] ls /hiveserver2
[serverUri=node3:10000;version=1.2.1000.2.6.5.0-292;sequence=0000000013]
btw, if your zk hosts it's not under the hosts as HS2, check if HS2 can reach 2181 port from ZK host
Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Hamilton Castro!
Could you check your ZK namespace under the hiveserver2 path?
Would be like this:

[root@node3 ~]# zookeeper-client 
Connecting to localhost:2181
WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 0] ls /hiveserver2
[serverUri=node3:10000;version=1.2.1000.2.6.5.0-292;sequence=0000000013]
btw, if your zk hosts it's not under the hosts as HS2, check if HS2 can reach 2181 port from ZK host
Hope this helps!

New Contributor

I have the same output as you do : [serverUri=sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com:10000;version=3.1.0.3.0.1.0-187;sequence=0000000008]

But I still get the following output when I try to start the sample.sh script that comes with Kylin:

[main]: ERROR jdbc.Utils: Unable to read HiveServer2 configs from ZooKeeper

Contributor

How do I check if HS2 can reach port 2181?

New Contributor

Did you find the solution. I have the same error.

Contributor

hive namespace was not created in zookeeper but ui work sometime and sometime not. I changed the namespace,restarted the hive service and it started working.

@Sidharth Kumar

How you resolved this ? Can you share the exact steps or command.

In my case is showing like below.

hive.server2.zookeeper.namespace=hiveserver2

hive.zookeeper.namespace=hive_zookeeper_namespace

Explorer

1. Stop Hive service.

2. Delete hive service followed by its dependencies.
3. Restart HDFS, YARN, ZOOKEEPER.

4. Install HIVE, refresh hive client config on every host.

5. Start Hive service.

Check logs in back-end, some times you could see permission denied to remove "/var/lib/spark2/shs_db/listing.ldb", just remove it manually and restart the service.