Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to set "connector.client.config.override.policy" to kafka connect configuration?

New Contributor

Hello.

I would like to use the kafka connect to connect the kafka brokers provided by cdp and on-premise kafka brokers. 

To do that, I need to set the configuration value "connector.client.config.override.policy".

But I could not find the menu to set custom configuration of kafka connect.

Could you let me know how to set the custom configuration of kafka connect especially "connector.client.config.override.policy".?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@inyongkim 

Try CM > Kafka > Configuration > (use filter) Kafka Connect Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for connect-distributed.properties

Then add: 

connector.client.config.override.policy=All

Check the kafka connect log files for this line and see if the property changed properly:

"org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.distributed.DistributedConfig: DistributedConfig values"

Let me know if that helped.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

@inyongkim 

Try CM > Kafka > Configuration > (use filter) Kafka Connect Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for connect-distributed.properties

Then add: 

connector.client.config.override.policy=All

Check the kafka connect log files for this line and see if the property changed properly:

"org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.distributed.DistributedConfig: DistributedConfig values"

Let me know if that helped.

New Contributor

Thank you!! that works for me.