Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to use a Custom Keystore and Truststore with Consume JMS Nifi Processor.

Explorer

I have ConsumeJMS Processor in Nifi, which i have setup using JndiJmsConnectionFactoryHandler. I want to execute this nifi processor with a custom keystore. like how we do when we run java class as follow

$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keystore=keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=**** -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=**** -classpath ___ com.example.Application

I have checked the truststore we have at the root nifi directory. which is configured in bootstrap configuration file we don't want to touch it we just want to run consumeJMS Processor with a some specific keystore and truststore.

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

@akash007, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged in our NiFi experts @SAMSAL @MattWho @mburgess  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Mentor

@akash007 

The ConsumeJMS processor configuration has an option to select a StandardRestrictedSSLContextService which would be configured with the keystore and/or truststore needed to facilitate your TLS connection with a secured JMS endpoint.

MattWho_0-1722946508695.png

MattWho_1-1722946563434.png

MattWho_2-1722946610635.png

For one-way TLS, You'll only need to configure the Truststore properties.  If mutual TLS is needed, you'll need to configure both the keystore and truststore properties.

Please help our community thrive. If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with solving your issue or answering your question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

Explorer

@MattWho  We are using Jndi Configurations, there is no option to pass ssl with jndi configurations.

akash007_0-1722951275108.png